We are Hiring
Join the can evolution
Tiny Keg Canning Co is looking for a canning line operator.
Do you have an interest in the beverage industry including beer and wine, a mechanical aptitude and a hands-on attitude?
Do you want to be part of a pioneering business at the forefront of the canning evolution?
We are currently seeking a dependable, hardworking individual to lead canning runs. This position offers hands-on training and growth opportunities for the right person.
Do you excel at the below mentioned duties and responsibilities? Do you have a minimum of two years experience in a beverage production and/or packaging environments, ideally in a startup production business? Do you want to help grow a grow a business and industry? Do you meet the job requirements? Well, let’s hear from you.
A Canning Line Operator is responsible for all aspects of operating a canning line. This role requires you to:
- Become one with the Wild Goose Canning Machine
- Champion of quality at Tiny Keg
- Strictly uphold CIP and sanitation process; understand hygiene and sanitation
- SOP’s – keep them relevant and up to date
- Understand carbonation and carbonated beverages
- Troubleshoot beverage conditions and mechanical issues
- Participating in, and enforcing quality control, efficiency, and accurate statistical tracking
- Accurately recording job data
- Following safe work procedures to safely and efficiently operate heavy packaging machinery
- Displaying a customer-service orientation; dealing effectively with customer expectation
- Manage a team
- Previous brewery, winery or packaging experience: head brewer or winemaker preferable
- People skills: this role requires working with a number of stakeholders in a constantly changing environment. Excellent people skills are important.
- Mechanical aptitude and trouble-shooting skill: as in any production environment, things can go wrong… it’s the canning line operator’s job to get and keep Tiny Keg’s equipment running!
- Physical fitness: Mobile canning requires strength, coordination and endurance. It is a physical role with long hours on your feet. Set up and pack-down require moving the canning line into place.
- Flexible schedule: We are a mobile canning unit with a new office everyday. Mobility and flexibility is our game so should it be yours too!
- Attitude: A positive, can-do (pun intended) attitude is absolutely required. There are no problems only opportunities to find solutions.
- Ability to continuously stand or walk
- Ability to bend, squat and lift frequently
- Ability to lift up to 25kg
- Ability to perform repetitive motion functions in support of canning line operations
- Daily travel around the Western Cape Region.
- Overnights are expected (up to 5 per month)
- Driver’s licence: C1 prefered.
- Beverage Sensory Training
- Enjoy drinking great beverages
- Fork-Lift Licence
Hours: Full-time position (Monday- Friday including weekends on occasions)
Renumeration packaged based on experience and negotiable.
Due to the volume of applications that we receive daily, please note that if you have not received any feedback within 7 days of your initial application; kindly accept your application as unsuccessful.
Any queries can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org