Canning Line Operator
Do you have an interest in the beverage industry, a mechanical aptitude and a hands-on attitude?
We are looking for someone with a technical background in wine or beer to be part of a pioneering business at the forefront of the canning evolution?
We are currently seeking a dependable, hardworking individual. This position offers hands-on training and growth opportunities for the right person.
Do you excel at the below-mentioned duties and responsibilities? Do you have a minimum of two years of experience in a beverage production and/or packaging environments, ideally in a startup production business? Do you want to help grow a brand? Do you meet the job requirements? Well, let’s hear from you.
A Canning Line Operator is responsible for all aspects of operating a canning line. This role requires you to:
- Become one with the Wild Goose Canning Machine.
- Champion of quality at Tiny Keg.
- Strictly uphold CIP and sanitation process; understand hygiene, sanitation and CIP principles.
- Understand carbonation and carbonated beverages.
- Troubleshoot beverage conditions and mechanical issues.
- Participating in, and enforcing quality control, efficiency, and accurate statistical tracking.
- Accurately recording job data.
- Following safe work procedures to safely and efficiently operate heavy packaging machinery.
- Displaying a customer-service orientation; dealing effectively with customer expectation.
- Minimum two years experience in wine/beer packaging: winemaker or brewing background preferable
- People skills: this role requires working with a number of stakeholders in a constantly changing environment. Excellent people skills are important.
- Mechanical aptitude and trouble-shooting skill: as in any production environment, things can go wrong… it’s the canning line operator’s job to get to get Tiny Keg’s equipment running!
- Physical fitness: Mobile canning requires strength, coordination and endurance. It is a physical role with long hours on your feet. Set up and pack-down require moving the canning line into place.
- Flexible schedule: We are a mobile canning unit with a new office everyday. Mobility and flexibility is our game so should it be yours too!
- Attitude: A positive, can-do (pun intended) attitude is absolutely required. There are no problems only opportunities to find solutions.
- Ability to continuously stand or walk
- Ability to bend, squat and lift frequently
- Ability to lift up to 25kg
- Ability to perform repetitive motion functions in support of canning line operations
- Daily travel around the Western Cape Region.
- Overnights are expected (up to 5 per month)
- Driver’s licence: C1 prefered.
- Beverage Sensory Training
- Enjoy drinking great beverages
- Fork-Lift Licence
Hours: Full-time position (Monday- Friday including weekends on occasions)
Due to the volume of applications that we receive daily, please note that if you have not received any feedback within 7 days of your initial application; kindly accept your application as unsuccessful.
Any queries can be directed to Join@tinykeg.com